Oh the drama this gestational diabetes brings! We saw the the maternal fetal medicine specialist doctor aka Dr. Diabetes last Friday. It was a lengthy appointment, but so worth it. Much to our surprise, we got a detailed ultrasound...not as detailed as the one our Perinatologist has given us, but pretty close. As usual, my Punkin Noodle was moving around quite a bit. After the ultrasound, we went to Dr. Diabetes's office to discuss what the plan of action should be. Well, unfortunately, based on my blood sugar numbers, I'm going to have to get on insulin shots. She's modifying my diet one more time, but did say it looks like insulin will have to be the answer in the next 2-3 weeks. Even with the new diet, my blood sugar is still acting a bit wonky. Based on the ultrasound, Punkin Noodle's tummy is measuring 5 days ahead - his tummy is measuring ahead becuase of the glucose. He had a little bit of back up urine in his bladder, which makes it hard for him to empty completely, again because of the glucose. The amniotic fluid was fine, but just a smidge over in fluid - Dr. Diabetes said it was just barely over where it should be. Punkin Noodle is already 2 pounds, 2 ounces, so at this rate, if my gd is not controlled, little ole' me would be having close to a 9 pound baby. Umm, yes you read that right. A 9 pounder! I'm not sure if you're aware of my size, but that's like a chihuahua giving birth to a german shepherd. And although I may have the personality of a german shepherd at times, I'm referring to myself as the chihuahua in this situation. Woof!
Most concerning to me about this whole thing is Punkin Noodle's tummy and bladder. I almost started crying right then and there from the anxiety and worry! You know, it's one thing to worry about my health and myself, but it's another to worry about the little guy in my tummy. I'm double worried about Punkin Noodle. I don't want his little self to have to work twice as hard. Dr. Diabetes reassured Jim and I that her main goal is to keep me and Punkin Noodle healthy now and after delivery, so we will have weekly appointments with ultrasounds and NST's (non-stress tests on the baby). I was worried and upset after our appointment, but Jim talked me through it all and I felt better in no time. We trust in the Lord's plan!
As we were talking, we thought to ourselves how grateful we are that the Lord has brought us these doctors. Dr. Fabulous (who we've built a personal relationship with), our Peri and Dr. Diabetes are truly amazing and I'm thankful that they've been given the knowledge that they have. Truly grateful! We have an appointment with Dr. Fabulous tomorrow and our weekly with Dr. Diabetes on Friday, so I'll update afterwards. For now, here's a pic of Punkin Noodle from our appointment...I just want to kiss those cheeky cheeks!!!

Anywho...in other news, I am in full on nesting mode! We have purged and cleaned out a ton of stuff, which we didn't even know we had. There's nothing like an episode of Hoarders to motivate you to get rid of crap and get super organized, I tell ya. It seemed like we didn't even have that much stuff, but I guess we did, even for just the two of us. I love getting organized!
After a total of about 4 days worth of work, Jim finished painting the nursery. I love it and I could just sit in Punkin Noodle's room and daydream for hours. We are still waiting on the furniture we ordered (and of course I still want to get little things here and there), but I believe the furniture will arrive sometime at the end of this month or early August. Here's a sneak preview!
In case you're wondering about the paint colors, we used: bona fide beige and nice white for the stripes and liquid blue for the accent wall. The paint is the cashmere, low lustre texture from Sher.winn Wil.liams. Painting stripes is not an easy task, but so worth it if you have patience, are meticulous and do it right. We did a ton of research and the keys are to use a laser leveler which shoots out from both ends, an all purpose adhesive to make sure the paint doesn't bleed through and to take the tape off when the paint is still wet. It works!
My mom and Jim's mom are throwing me a baby shower and that's coming up in a couple of weeks. I am getting very excited about being with them, family and friends! Below is the baby shower invitation...love (and yes I made it)! My mom found baby shower stamps and used them when she mailed the invites out...too cute!
They'll all be arriving next week and will be able to come to one of our doctor appointments. It will be nice to spend time with them and it will be the first time we've seen Jim's parents since the holidays. Having my Mom and Jim's mom around is very special to me...I'm really looking forward to it, especially since I really wish my Sissy was around, now more than ever.
Let's see...what else is going on? Hmm..oh! We recently moved parishes and are now members at another church downtown. We were still registered parishioners at the church we got married at, however they built a brand new cathedral and it kind of lost that warm, close feeling. We've been going to another church since January, so we decided to make it official and become members there instead. :) I'm still enjoying summer vacation and can't believe that I will be headed back to school in a little over a month. As you can see, things are moving along and as always, I'm thankful for all your sweet thoughts and prayers! We are truly grateful for them!
Loves!


2 comments:
I love the room. I can't wait to see it once it's finished.
Have a great time at your shower! I know this lil boy will be showered with gifts!
Thanks, Tricia! xoxo
Post a Comment