What can and can't I do while I'm here? Well, I have the following privileges:
-I have full access to my bathroom. I know this may not sound like a privilege, but I've heard that it is, so I'll take it!
-I can take a shower on my own and not have to be sponged bath. Showers feel so good even when you've been laying around all day!
-I can wear my own clothes and not have to be stuck in a hospital gown all day. Now if I could just find someone to give me a manicure...and pedicure too!
-I can stretch my legs and walk around my room for a bit if I wanted, however I haven't been given the clearance to be wheeled outside for some fresh air. Maybe I'll be able to go on a field trip to feel the hot Houston weather soon.
Since Jim and I both have iPhones, we've been able to facetime a lot during the times he's had to leave. Speaking of my hubby, I have to give him a huge shout out for being such a trooper. I know that this is stressful on him as well. He's been back and forth between the hospital and home to take care of Sasha, not to mention going into work for a couple of hours. I insisted he go home today for a lengthy amount of time so that he could just spend time with Sasha and take care of laundry, etc. We facetimed while he was at home and I started bawling just seeing Sasha and our bed! I really miss home a lot, but feel better now. Even though we don't live too far from the hospital, it's still a lot of shuffling back and forth and not to mention, he's been sleeping on a narrow ledge at night. In hindsight, it could be worse, so I just have to be thankful that I'm able to pass the time with what I have. I guess depending on what happens the next couple of days, we'll try to come up with a schedule.




My not so high tech tv, but hey at least I have cable!

Jim's bed :( He says it's not that uncomfortable, just narrow. What a trooper!

I'm so thankful for family and friends who've come by to visit! One of the teachers at school made this sweet basket for me. :)
Jim's on his way back up here now and he's going to pick up some Carrabas and we're going to watch a movie...ah, date night in Room 541...fun fun! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment