28 Weeks! (+ 2days)


Well, it's day 9 in the hospital and I have to say, it hasn't been so bad. I'm in a new room now, but still have a great view and I've managed to make my room pretty comfortable and homey. I had a really rough day this past Monday...mainly because I had the equivalence of Kathy Bates from the movie Mysery as a nurse. Really she wasn't that bad, I think she was just clueless. I didn't sleep a wink on Monday night, so by Tuesday morning I was completey delirious and crying. I was able to calm down and get some sleep and finally regained my composure. All has been better since then though and my mom came into town today, originally for my baby shower, which has now been moved to October 1st. :)
So, the question on everyone's mind is - why am I still here? Well, for starters, I'm 28 weeks. I'm kind of in that in between stage where I'm not quite in the 30's yet. Dr. Fabulous has a magic number he's comfortable with: 32. As in, 32 weeks. Some time ago, I would have been sent home with a Terb pump and monitor, but the FDA took that off the market and now the options are limited. It's either a hospital stay or I risk going home. We'll go ahead and stick to what's best for the baby, thanks! So, looks like I'll be here for the next few weeks. I had a couple of cervix checks and there's been no changes (thank you, Lord!), so I'm still dilated about 1cm. The outside of my cervix is what's dilated and the inside is closed (again, thank you Lord!). Dr. Fabulous did say that the baby is very low and he thinks that may be why all this is going on. Regardless, I'm here and I'm making the most of it. I've learned a lot during my stay in the hospital. I've learned that being in the hospital for this amount of time is all mental. You have got to have a strong sense of mentality when you're here - keeping a positive attitude and looking at the big picture is a must. If you're negative and have tunnel vision, the days will go by very slow. Perhaps the most important thing I've learned about being here is that this is truly not the time to be selfish. Being here is a completely selfless act and I'm happy to do it all for my Punkin Noodle.
Now that we've covered that, let's keep on keepin' on! My birthday was yesterday and I have to say, it was a great day! Jim really made my day so special, along with my friends and family. He spent the night at home the night before and got to the hospital early in the morning. We had breakfast together and he gave me my presents. He made a quick run mid-morning when my cousin was visiting to get me my favorite cupcakes from Sprinkles and he also brought back a beautiful flower arrangement. Love. Him. We were able to find someone from a local spa to come to the hospital and give me a mani/pedi, so that was awesome! I had ordered a dress a month ago that I originally planned on wearing to my birthday dinner and I decided that I was still going to wear it! So, when I woke up, I took a shower, put make-up on, got dressed and fixed my hair. I was all dressed up....and nowhere to go! Truly hilarious, but man it made me feel great. I had a lot of visitors and it was great to sit and laugh. Since Jim and I couldn't get to our scheduled birthday dinner plans, he brought the dinner plans to us! He ended up getting take out from The.Stri.p.House and we had our date in my room. The food was yummy and my company super sweet! :)
Getting my mani/pedi in my room!
Felt great!
Banana dark chocolate cupcake from Sprinkles...my favorite!
Tracy, Pam and Theresa came by to visit! Love y'all!
The hospital gave me a cake too!
Birthday dinner in room 562!
As always, thanks for your thoughts, prayers and well wishes! We are grateful and thank the Lord for each day!
Loves!




1 comment:
GIRL, you are SO F.A.B.U.L.O.U.S!!! I love that Jim found someone to give you a mani/pedi in the hospital. Seriously, he's an awesome hubby!
I'm so glad you and baby are doing well. Please know that prayers are being said for you and baby. xoxo
Post a Comment