Saturday, July 16, 2011

Day 4


Well, it's Day 4 and kinda weird that it's a Saturday and I'm not at home, running errands and making plans to go to dinner with Jim when he gets home from playing golf. I was very anxious for Dr. M. to come in so I could tell him about the new spotting. He tried to calm me down as best as he could and said that it could be mid-trimester bleeding, my cervix or a mild placental abruption. He said that the ultrasound from the other day didn't show anything, but that if it was placental abrpution that we would just have to wait it out. Ugh. He's going to check my cervix tomorrow and we'll go back for a cervical ultrasound on Monday. So, for now, I'm here and we'll just have to wait it out for the next couple of days.

I pray that the spotting isn't placental abruption and that there isn't any cervical change. At first I was concerned about whether or not I'd able to go to my shower and possibly even going to school for the first couple of weeks, but had a big wake up call this morning. All that can wait and I need to focus on the bigger picture. I don't mind bedrest that much, but I would really much rather be at home. Then again, I know that if this is where I need to be right now, then I just need to hang tough. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment