
I don't ever want to forget this moment, so I'm typing about a hundred words per minute to get it all out.
We had our 9 week appointment today and all I can say is WOW! We got to see the baby move his/her arms! It was just absolutely amazing. At first I wasn't sure that's what we saw, but then the nurse pointed it out and she let us just stare and watch for a good while. Jim was so amazed! He couldn't believe what he was seeing...and neither could I! The baby's heartbeat measured at 182 bpm and also at 178 bpm. We also got to see the baby from the back and side view, but the best part was seeing the baby from the face up view. The baby is definitely starting to look less like a gummy bear. The nurse pointed out the baby's eyes and it totally reminded me of a scene from Sex & the City - when Miranda was having an ultrasound and she gave a fake "oh yeah now I see." Well, I kinda did the same thing...I couldn't really tell...but that may just be because the monitor wasn't right up to my nose (I wish it was) or because all I could see was the baby's noggin. ;) I asked Jim after our appointment if he could make out the eyes and he said he had no clue...hilarious! I guess we both kinda faked that one. Teehee.
I'm still feeling nauseous from the minute I wake up until I fall asleep, however right now it isn't as bad - I'm guessing the adrenaline from today's appointment was a good distraction. Yesterday was probably the worst I've had so far. I'm eating my meals as much as I can, but I do get full fast and nauseous in the middle of eating that I just have to push my plate away. Isn't it ironic that such a foodie like me doesn't even like food right now? I'm not craving anything at all. The one thing that I can eat consistently are strawberries sprinkled with sugar. I am still tired throughout the day and daydream about laying in my bed, but it's manageable. The nausea is difficult, but I will say that at least I'm not throwing up 10 times a day. It's a catch 22 I guess, because when I do feel terrible all day, I still thank God for the little reassurances He's giving me. Let's face it, if I wasn't feeling anything I'd be completely driving myself bananas. Spring Break is next week and I. Cannot. Wait.
Jim has been so wonderful and he's like my coach right now. He gives me some great pep talks when I really feel terrible, not to mention that he makes me pb&j sandwiches for lunch and irons my clothes for the next day! He really is a sweetheart and I love him to pieces! He surprised me today with a little gift - he bought monthly belly stickers so we can start taking pictures. I am so thankful for this man! :)
It has been so amazing watching the baby grow each week. I truly am astonished at the miracle of life. It's hard to comprehend at times that there is another life growing inside of me...and one that will have mine and Jim's characteristics at that. I thank the Lord every day for His miracles and blessings...I am truly amazed by it all! God is good...very good!
Loves!


No comments:
Post a Comment