Wednesday, March 30, 2011

12 Weeks



We had our 12 week appointment yesterday and let me just tell you - it sure was a lot different than my last several appointments. Don't get me wrong, it was a great appointment, just different. I guess I've been very spoiled with my other doctor and nurses and...the very high tech ultrasound machine! There were times we got to just watch the bumpkin move around for as long as we wanted. I loved every minute of it! Our ultrasound yesterday was not as detailed as we're used to seeing, but of course none of that matters when we see the bumpkin on the screen. The bumpkin's heart rate measured at 156bpm yesterday and he/she is measuring one day ahead. :) Surprisingly, I am still at my starting weight. I couldn't believe it. I'm thinking the scale I stepped on before was busted because I definitely feel like I've gained weight. I love my OB and he said that since I've been going to my appointments on a weekly basis and I've been monitored so closely, that he would let me come back to see him in two weeks instead of four. Phew! It's all in God's hands and I'm thankful to have such caring doctors.


Jim surprised me with belly stickers a couple of weeks ago and we took our first picture last night after work (12 weeks, 1 day). I felt fantastic yesterday! I had tons of energy and I only felt nauseous twice. I only gagged once at school. I even commented that maybe my friends- nausea and vomiting- were on their way out the door. Well, I was wrong! Looks like my two buds are still sticking around. I had a bad case of the vomits last night and it left me feeling absolutely drained today. I'm hoping tonight will be much better. I still have my Zofran prescription that I haven't filled yet, but I think I'm close to caving in and taking it. Oh well I guess...as I keep saying, this is a rite of passage so I'm just going to hang tough!

Loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment