Tuesday, March 15, 2011

10 Weeks

We had our 10 week appointment today! The bumpkin gave us a nice big hello with both arms...it was so cute. He/She is measuring around one quarter of an inch and has a heartbeat of 163bpm. We forgot to bring a flash drive, so we weren't able to get the video of the heartbeat and the bump moving. We'll definitely make sure to remember it next week. I am amazed more and more each time we see the little bump on the screen....just amazing how the miracle of life works! I always say a nice thank you prayer as soon as I see the little heartbeat flickering away on the screen. Next week will be my last weekly appointment, and then I will probably start going every four weeks. I'm not certain of this, but I'll find out at our 12 week appointment. It's been so nice to be able to see the bump each week and I've certainly gotten comfortable with this schedule. Oh well...Jim reminds me that it's all in God's hands and I know that's true so I've just got to take each day as it is.

As far as how I'm feeling...well pretty crappy! It's Spring Break and I caught a terrible cold. It's got me feeling miserable. The doctor gave me the okay to take regular strength tylenol and sudafed, so hopefully that provides some relief. I had a low fever, so Jim kept a cool, wet cloth over my head to bring my temperature down to normal. I really am hesitant to take any of these meds at all, but I also know that it is very important that I don't run a fever. I'm so glad it's spring break right now so I can just rest and relax. My nausea seems to be doing better, or so I think. It's been coming on in the late afternoons - around 3 or 4 - but for some reason I had it this morning as soon as I woke up...nerves, maybe? I did some "research" aka googling, and I read about Sea Bands, so I decided to give them a try. The Sea Bands are these elastic, cloth, exercise looking, wrist bands with a ball on the inside that puts acupressure on the nauseapoint. I must say, besides the fact that I totally look like a Power Ranger, they actually work! Maybe it'spsychosomatic, but I'm a fan. The first day I wore them I was able to eat at La Madeline without any gagging or food aversions. My doctor said I could get a prescription for Zofran, but I really don't want it. I keep telling myself that this nausea thing is truly a rite of passage, so I just need to stick it out and work through it!


Jim couldn't resist but to take the picture above. He just thought it was a hilarious scene! In other news, Sasha is ALL over me. She has become such a shadow these last few weeks! She constantly wants to lay all over me and if not, she will lay as close as she can next to me - to the point where I can't move an inch. She follows me around everywhere too. Jim says she senses something's up. It's adorable and just fine by me.

My furbaby in between my legs...love her! :)

Well, that's all for now. As always, thanks for your thoughts and prayers! Loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment