Thursday, June 28, 2012

'Rents Days


Mother's + Father's = Days.  There was a time when I would completely dread these two days.  I would make it a point to not log on to Fb because frankly, I didn't want to see all the 'happy mother's day-i'm special because i'm a mom and you're not' posts.  Obviously people didn't really mean to say they were special and I wasn't and I really didn't want to interpret it that way either, however it's very hard not to if you've been in a similar situation (such as ours).  Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy for every and any mom out there (especially mine).  It's just a complicated and different mix of emotions if you've been through stuff.  Those that have, can feel me on this.  Anyway, so when the day came, I tried my best to keep it low on fb, tw.itter, etc.  And even if I didn't want to keep a low profile that day, I was forced to because...I had food poisoning!

That's right, I was sick on Mother's day.  I must have eaten something bad the day before because I felt terrible late that night and by the morning of, I was not in good shape! Boo! I had a fever, and when I wasn't laid up in bed, I was in and out of the bathroom.  Ick! Jim made it a special day regardless, despite having to cancel our reservations (at this place-which I've been so looking forward to going!).  He surprised me with my favorite flowers, peonies, and a ring as a keepsake of my first mother's day.  :) It was a good day spent at home, resting and hanging out with my two men.

About a month later, J4 and I were busy planning what to do for Jim for his day.  Jim actually had the best of three worlds during father's day weekend.

1.  The U.S. O.pen was on: golf (and any sport) for that matter, is always on one of our tv's.  Not that I care too much because I am a big sports nut...however.  When a major golf tournament is on, my house turns into annoyingville.  Jim will be glued to the tv, he'll be texting or talking to friends about it while it's going on, one of his friends will be over watching it intensely, and it will even get to the point that Jim will ask me to set up the dvr at the exact spot he paused it (if we left to go somewhere), as he goes to the bathroom and plugs his ears.  He does this because he doesn't want to know what has already happened...obviously it would spoil the entire program for him.  We all have our quirks.  

2.  Father's Day: this came the day before his birthday and we were excited to make it special for Jim.  I don't usually like to stand on the soap box about my significant other, however I will say that he truly is an amazing father.  He really does love, lead and teach by example.  He works so hard and then when he gets home, is more than happy to spend time with James during bath and his last bottle.  I just knew that we had to make this day special! Jim had hinted about a golf Ga.rmin watch that's a range finder, but a watch.  Sounds confusing, but whatevs.  J4 and I were able to get our hands on one before they were completely sold out, phew! Earlier that week, we made a trip to a pottery place and painted Jim a plate to put his wallet and small pocket items on.


This is how it turned out:


SO CUTE, right?! If you look at the green where the flag is, that's James's footprint! Totally adorable!And painted by yours truly! And this was all possible because James gave me enough time to get it done before he had his 'I'm done with this place-get me outta here meltdown! Sure enough, Jim loved it and we loved giving it to him.  We went to church and then lunch at one of Jim's favorite places.  We spent the rest of the day hanging out at home, watching the Open.  Pretty much a perfect day for my husband (unless he was playing golf of course).  Here are a few more pics from Father's day:






3.  Birthday: Jim's birthday was the following day and he took that day off.  We gave Jim another pair of his favorite khaki shorts and he got a new golf club (you're shocked, I know).  :) We went to lunch at one of our favorite burger places and later on that afternoon went to the park to swing on the swings.



I made Jim this cake, which I saw on Pi.nterest and it turned out pretty good!

Happy Birthday, Daddy!

So, there you have it.  Great days, of course and you know what? You don't need specific days to celebrate blessings.  Each day is a blessing in and of itself! :)

Loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment