Have I seriously not updated this blog on James since he was 6 months old?! Wow...I need to get on the ball! Lots going on and with school out for summer break (YIPPPEEE!!), I'll be sure to blog more often. This post will be long because I've got some ground to cover. Wink wink.
So from my previous post, you know that I will be teaching at a new school next year. I am SO excited! I went to dinner (and drinks, yikes!) with some of my current teacher friends and new ones for my school next year and had a blast. They all kept telling me how much I would love R.OE. Not that I want to rush through summer because I definitely don't, however I am very much looking forward to next school year. I went to I.B training last week at Ri.ce University and it was awesome. I was so inspired. What an amazing opportunity these children have to learn this way! It was definitely sad to leave my old school and boy will I miss my friends there. It's weird to think I won't be seeing my old kids and my teacher friends on a regular basis. But, I know that this was an opportunity I couldn't pass up and I'm hoping for a wonderful school year.
Alright...now on to other events that I've missed talking about.
Our first Easter as a family of three was fabulous and we had such a memorable day! Grandmom and Grandpop were in town and of course they just ate James up. One of the days they were here, we had a wonderful lunch at The B.ird and the Be.ar. The decor is awesome and the food is delish! On Easter Sunday, we went to church and then headed to the club to take pictures with the Easter Bunny. James got a lot of goodies in his basket from the bunny, however I think I ate all his jelly beans. Ha!
At the end of April, I went to Austin with my bff's for some much needed girl time. I was a nervous wreck the days leading up to it. I knew James would be fine and I know Jim is an expert, however it didn't make it any easier to leave them. What a weird feeling that is! Definitely a first for me. Was it normal to feel this way? After some friendly intervention, the consensus is...yes! It was so nice to hear that this feeling is normal from experienced Mommies. Anyway, I packed and once the girls picked me up at school, there was no turning back. ATX, here we come!
After staying out late Friday night, L and I decided to make our way back to the hotel to catch some zzz's before the Di.va D.ash the next morning. The sleep didn't last too long though before our alarm went off and we had to get ourselves together for this race. The dash was so much fun and I'd definitely do it again. The rest of the weekend was filled with lots and lots of food and cocktails. We all ate like it was our job. Mmm mmm! This weekend was very special for me because I really bonded with L. I will treasure sharing stories with her for many years to come. And just like that, the weekend was over with and done and it was time to head home. My two men survived and it was the best feeling coming home to the both of them. :)
We also did the March of Dimes walk late this spring and it was so sweet. I loved seeing all the babies, their loved ones and teams. I definitely hope to create one next year.
During Memorial Day weekend, we decided to head to San Antonio for a mini family getaway. See, we're going to Sa.ndestin, FL in a few weeks and we wanted to test the waters traveling with a baby. We stayed at La Ca.ntera and it was so pretty! It's situation on top of a hill and you can see the hill country from the resort. I haven't been to San Antonio since I was like 14, so I don't remember much from it. We had dinner on the river.walk and although crowded, it was pretty fun. Overall, we were flexible with James' schedule (you know I'm a stickler for it) and we did just fine...and had fun too! Excited to go on our real vacation in a few weeks!
In punkin noodle news...
James is 10 months old now and he is on the go! He is quickly crawling all over the place, pulling up to stand on any piece of furniture he can reach, has two bottom teeth, continuing to babble and is all around a bubbly punkin noodle! Time really is flying by and I'm savoring every minute of it. We haven't really baby proofed our house yet, but will be doing so soon since, you know, we have no choice and all. Wouldn't it be easier to just bubble wrap my punkin? I wish! I hear 'da-da' on a constant basis and let me tell you I think James does it on purpose! I will jump over the moon the day I hear him say ma-ma instead of da-da...haha! He says 'Na-na or Ne-ne' and we've decided that he's asking for me. So, I guess that's what he calls me for now.
We've also hit another milestone as far as napping goes. Well, I'm not really sure it's a milestone, but it sure feels like it to us. For many months now, I really thought the only way to get James to nap was to put him in his swing. Well, since he's just about outgrown the swing, I was freaking out about how I would get him to nap. With a little advice and encouragement, I can proudly say that James naps in his crib without the swing. He's been doing this for a couple of months now and it's awesome. I give him his paci and blankie at nap time and down he goes. Sometimes he falls right asleep and other times he babbles and plays with his paci. Either way, I think it's safe to say that I've weaned myself off the swing. Knock on wood!
James still gets 4 bottles a day and his pureed foods. I still make his food every once in a while, but when I'm not, he loves his level 2 Ea.rth's B.est and Organic Ge.rb.er baby food. I've tried to get him to start eating table food (and even the level 3 chunkier baby food) - puffs, yogurt melts, etc., however James has the worst gag reflex. It's to the point that he'll throw up. I cannot stand to see him turn red, gasp for air and just look at me with those 'what on earth are you doing to me, Mommy?!' eyes. He has a pedi appointment next week, so I'll ask about it then. For now, I'm gonna stick to the level 2 foods until he's ready.
Click here to see James' latest pictures!
Alright, well that's it for now. Sunday is Father's Day and Monday is Jim's birthday. :)
Loves!


No comments:
Post a Comment