Ever since I made the decision to teach, I always had a goal in mind. Not only did I think that teaching would be a great career to have when we started our family, but once I actually started teaching, I realized that I found my niche! I never thought that such an opportunity would present itself so soon, however it has. This past week, I accepted a teaching position at Ri.ver O.aks Elementary! You cannot imagine how excited I am! My goal was to teach at an IB (In.ternational Bacc.alaureate) school eventually and it was a shock to think that it could happen so soon. There were a lot of "pros" which helped make my decision - IB (which I already said), closer to home and of course, should I decide to stay there, I secured a spot for James! I know it sounds crazy to think of school when he's not even a year old yet, but the school is virtually impossible to get into and can you really not think of the future? :) Anyway...
All my excitement isn't without sadness, however. I am very sad to be leaving my Da.ily family behind. I have made some amazing friends there and have had the pleasure of forming long lasting relationships with some of my students and their parents. It was so hard to tell my Principal the news and she certainly wasn't expecting it. I had to explain that I didn't go seeking for this new opportunity...the opportunity sought after me. I talked with Jim extensively and I prayed and prayed about it. I resolved that if it was meant to happen, then it would. And well, it did. I really want to try teaching at an IB school and that's truly the main reason. Spreading my wings may be scary, but I'll regret it if I at least don't give it a try. My Principal was amazing and she said she would welcome me back with open arms if I choose to ever want to come back. I take that as a huge compliment...and for that, I'm very thankful.
What's funny about all this was that I actually went back and forth on wether or not to keep teaching or be a stay at home mom. I realized that my excitement in the possibility of being offered a position at R.OE spoke volumes. Funny how these decisions just present themselves, huh?
Alright, well that's it for my exciting news. Tomorrow is James' first Easter and we are so excited! Granmom and Granpop came in town to visit and we've had such a fun weekend! Tomorrow also marks my return back onto the social media sites. It has been nice to be completely disconnected with the social world, however I can hardly wait to go on Fac.ebook, Pi.nterest, Tw.itter and Ins.tagram!
Have a Happy Easter! Loves!


No comments:
Post a Comment