Three weeks into summer vacation and it feels like I'm busier now than I was all year. Each week we/I have had appointments to go to and errands to run. Time is just flying by and I wish it would just
s l o w d o w n
even for a little bit.
But, it doesn't. And just like that. Days-months-years have passed.
Loving on our Punkin' is the best feeling in the world.
I love the way he smells.
And the way my heart feels when he wraps his arms around my neck,
reaches for me,
looks at me
and
smiles.
And how I hold my breath when he lays his head on my shoulder when he falls asleep.
And how soft his hair feels through my fingers.
And how every time I nuzzle his cheek I want to cry and smile at the same time.
I taught him how to 'give kisses'
and
when he gives me a kiss,
a ray of light
glows
from
within
me.
I was thinking about the bumpkin the other day. Ironically, Jim had thought about the bumpkin recently also and told me about it. A few years have passed since that day, yet I still remember it like it just happened. I'm not one to dwell on things (at all, whatsoever),
but you know...
sometimes you just
remember.


No comments:
Post a Comment