We decided to break the trip up a bit and stopped in New Orleans for the day and night headed to FL and again on the way back. Over the weekend, we walked around the French Quarter and tried to enjoy the smell of the city. Ha. Jim made a pact with me that this would not be a 'chain restaurant' trip and I laughed. Early Sunday evening in NoLa, we decided to get beignets and oh my goodness were they good. It was super hot outside and I felt like we were all melting. As we were walking around, Jim suggested we stop to eat dinner and pointed to a restaurant. I figured, okay, it looks nice and we're all sweating, let's try it! We got in, sat down and just for kicks, we goo.gled the place and lo and behold...it was a chain. Typical. Can't a girl get some local flavor or what? ;) We did make up for it when we stopped in NoLa again on the way home at a very good creole/cajun restaurant, however I have to say we were very much over NoLa. We walked around the garden dis.trict and it wasn't as great as we thought it would be. Don't get me wrong, it's beautiful; just not what Jim and I had in mind I guess. The quarter was extremely busy (and omg it smelled even worse!) and all we wanted to do was just relax in our hotel room downtown. I think it's fair to say that we probably won't be heading back to NoLa any time soon. And when I say we, I mean all three of us (Jim actually has to go there for work on Tuesday, ha!). So long, stink town!
Anywho, we left for Florida the next morning and were so excited to get to the beach! Although we stayed here, we actually spent all our time in Sea.side. We fell in love with this quaint little beach town and couldn't get enough of it. The restaurants, the shops, and the ambience were so relaxing! We loved that everyone just rode their bikes and everything was walking distance. We will definitely be renting a cottage there next summer. :)
Like I said before, James did great on the drive to and fro, however we quickly realized that 5.5 hours is his max. We stopped a couple of times and he did fine, but I just felt bad that he was all strapped in for so long. We're hoping to drive straight through next summer (with more stops of course). I have no desire to stay the night in NoLa again.
It's always tough to go on vacation and get home. Case in point here.
We went from this: lalalala so happy to be on vacation lalalala we love the world lalalala
To this: wtf*&#*&@#!!$%^&*!!!
Traffic hell. We hit terrible traffic just outside of Houston due to an accident and it was miserable. Traumatic for me because I had to use the potty so. very. bad. However, that my friends, will be for another post.
In other news, I leave for Can.cun in three days! Woo hoo! I am going to the I.B. Ame.rica's Conference with 5 other teachers from my school and I'm so excited. This is the longest that I'll be away from the J's, so I'm a little bit worried, however I know that Jim will have everything under control.
When I get back, I'll be in full on party planning mode for our little man's first birthday! We decided to have it at home and I'm so glad because now I get to invite everyone who has been such a big part of our lives the last year (and then some!).
Click here to see some pics from our vacation! Enjoy, loves!



No comments:
Post a Comment