
What a very Merry Christmas we had! I don't know why, but I really do love the hustle and bustle this time of year. I must have made a million trips to Target and just when I thought I was done with Christmas shopping, I'd realize that I needed just one more thing. This Christmas was (obviously) different than years past and we really tried to savor every moment. James probably had no clue what all the fuss was about, but we still had a great time starting our traditions with him. Those traditions included:
Our annual Christmas card! We all know my obsession with stationery and this year is no different. These were our cards this year. Yup, that's plural. One was our family card and the other an ornament card of baby James. :)
Christmas cards 2011
Brunch with Santa at the club! The Medina's are members, so we were able to all have brunch together. James was wide awake when he got his picture taken. I think he was more interested with the man ringing the bell during his picture taking than Santa himself. Speaking of Santa, this Santa was awesome! He really looked like Santa and wasn't at all creepy. Jim actually saw him in the locker room changing into his civilian clothes so he could enjoy brunch as a guest and not the man in red. I guess it is true what they say...Santa knows when you've been bad or good...he may be incognito while his red suit gets dry cleaned.
Meeting Santa for the first time!
Christmas Eve Mass! We went to mass on Christmas Eve and church was packed. Tons of people were oohing and ahhing over James on the way back to our seats from communion. It was so sweet of them to be smiling at him. I, on the other hand, was a little embarrassed. I mean, what do you do when people are smiling at your baby, whispering to other to 'look at that baby' or pointing at him? My response was a smile. I tried my hardest to give a humble-thank-you-type smile. Is that okay? Should I have mouthed a thank you? Not sure on this one. Anyway, it was a great mass and then we headed off to Tita Cel's annual Christmas Eve/Birthday Celebration. We couldn't stay too long, but had fun while we were there. I was able to reunite with people I hadn't seen in such a long time and that's always pretty neat.
Ready for Christmas Eve mass. Think I'll suck on my thumb while I wait.
Christmas Eve night-night! We didn't write a letter to Santa or leave him cookies this year. I think we will definitely do that next year when James can participate a little more. We did read this wonderful book before we turned in for the night:
Christmas Morning! We washed up and headed downstairs to see what Santa left us...always so exciting!
Ready to open presents!
Let's get this show on the road, folks!
Since baby James was such a good boy, Santa brought him lots of toys! We're slowly, but surely getting some play time with each one. There's a few that are still in boxes and we haven't opened yet. So far, James LOVES the Sing and Play Puppy and the Dance and Sing Puppy. He is obsessed with these two toys. Now if he could only push the buttons himself...ha!
Toys...
Toys...
and more toys!

And a little backpack for school! Lol...thanks Gigi!
Santa was good to me and Jim too. I will say that it gets harder and harder each celebration to find something for Jim. Sure, I can always resort to golf, but after he got his Ca.meron putter for his birthday, I really had no clue what to get him. Jim is truly happy with anything and aside from some some small here and there things and clothes, he ended up with a new wallet, Mo.dern Wa.rfare video game, iP.hone bumper and tickets to see the Rockets play the Lakers when they come in town in March. I would've been completely happy with a card, because really, my present came July 28th, but I did end up with clothes and some small here and there things. Santa Jim did have one trick up his sleeve though...it came in the form of new pearl earrings housed in that wonderful blue box we all can't resist. :) Oh! And how fabulous is this?! It's one of the presents my Mom gave me...an i.Phone cover, which I discovered during my Pi.nterest addiction. So cute!
After opening presents, we got ready and headed off to my cousin's house. I didn't cook this year and just enjoyed eating what everyone else cooked instead. The day consisted of three different bottles of wine, a boys only basketball game, a Ju.st Da.nce 3 dance off and a mad search for an open pizza place that delivers. We were there until late that night and had an absolute blast. I think James was definitely worn out.
Merry Christmas, Dada!
Merry Christmas, Mama!
James' Christmas outfit
Christmas trees :)
Alright, well this long post just about sums up our first Christmas a family of three....and in case you're wondering: Pizza Guy is open on Christmas Night. And they deliver.
Loves!







No comments:
Post a Comment