
We celebrated James' Holy Baptism on December 4th and what a special day it was! Even though it was cold and raining, we had a great time celebrating with family and Godmommy and Godpappy. We chose two of our very best friends to be James' Godparents. We are so thankful for their unconditional love and support and have no doubt that they will love and guide James as if he were their own. Truly warms my heart. :)
James' Godparents...love them!
The day started off hectic as usual, which I think I actually love, and ended up relaxed and exhausting. It almost felt like a wedding...or maybe I just wanted it to feel that way? It didn't help that I wore an ivory dress (which I couldn't get out of and Theresa had to help pry it off me like a pair of leather pants) and Jim wore a suit with a bow tie (so cute and totally his idea!). But, regardless of what we wore, the star of the show was baby James. Godmommy (Theresa) and Godpappy (Chris) bought James the exact Christening gown I had originally picked out. It's ivory, made of such a wonderful fabric of silk and was even...wait for it...wait for it...monogrammed! Ha! James looked so freaking adorable! I just wanted to snack on him!
Invitation
Christening gown
Monogram! ;)
Knee-high socks and booties
So stinkin' cute!
Anyway, we had mass at 12:30 and the Baptism was right afterwards. James did great and didn't cry once. Father Juan was wonderful and was very nice. After a ton of pictures (just like a wedding, I tell you!), we headed to Pap.pasitos, where Jim and I booked a room for the occasion and chowed down. We had fajitas, shrimp brochette, sausage and ribs. Deelish!
Mmm Mmm...yummy!
Cuatro leeches cake (no, seriously...cuatro, not tres), Yum!
What was also so special about this weekend is that my Grandmother, "more Mommy," came in town. She got to meet James and I will cherish this moment forever. I often wonder how my Sissy would be with James and how much she would just love on him. I know she's doing so from up above.
Meeting More Mommy for the first time (James' Great-Grandmother)
James and his Gigi...oh how he looooves Gigi!
Three generations - James, Jr., James III., and James IV.
James with Grandmother and Grandfather
All in all, it was a memorable day and one that I will keep close to my heart. We are so grateful for the Lord's many blessings!
With James' Godparents
Family
Family
With my nephew, Caleb...my how he's grown! Seems like just yesterday I was holding him so that he could get baptized.

With Aunt Donna
My love!
Our family :)
Loves!
















No comments:
Post a Comment