Friday, June 24, 2011

24 Weeks


24 weeks! Wow! I know I say it all the time, but the miracle of life just amazes me...and more and more each day. We had our 24 week appointment this past Tuesday, which meant it was time for the 1 hour glucose challenge test. I had my blood drawn as a baseline, then had 5 minutes to drink 50mg of glucose, which really tasted like a watered down fruit punch gatorade and then waited an hour and had my blood drawn again. Since I couldn't eat or drink past midnight the night before, I was super thirsty and couldn't wait to drink something, anything. I actually thought it tasted pretty good! There was a woman who was already drinking hers while I was getting my blood drawn and you would've thought she was drinking gasoline. She kept complaining and making the worst faces. I was expecting to do the same, but when my pouty lips touched that fruit punch, I treated it like a shot on my 21st birthday and downed that sucker!

While I was waiting for the hour to pass, I went in to see Dr. Fabulous. To my surprise, I didn't get an ultrasound this time around, but did get to hear my punkin noodle's heartbeat. He measured my belly and said I was just fine. People, even strangers, have commented that I look small and I don't know how to take that. I mean, should I be huge? I'm a petite person to begin with, so I'm not sure how to take it. Anyway, Dr. Fabulous told me to stop listening to those comments. Alrighty then! I gained 2 pounds in 2 weeks, which brings me to a total weight gain of 8 pounds. Looks like I'm definitely making up for lost time. I was just going to write that I would keep on popping those jelly bellies, but I can't. I found out yesterday that I failed my 1 hour glucose test and that I'll be going in on Monday for the 3 hour glucose test. :( On top of that, my iron fell to an 8.8 (normal is 11) and I was told that if my iron falls below 8 that I'd be admitted for a blood transfusion. Say whaaaaaaaat?! I was very upset when I found out...I mean,I don't eat terrible and it's not like I'm eating sweets all day. The iron thing surprised me because I was already on prescription iron pills. Sigh. I know these things are manageble, so I'll just have to work with it. I'm praying I pass the 3 hour glucose test on Monday and that the new iron pills help. :)

In other news, Jim started taping the punkin noodle's (this is my new nickname for Baby de Leon) room and he'll start painting soon. It's actually very cute that my husband is all excited and into painting because as I've said a million times...he is no Bob Villa. The guy did not inherit the handy gene. Going into a hardware store is like entering a foreign country for the guy. I'm surprised he doesn't bring his passport with him. Ha! Hmm...just a thought, maybe I should start saying Carter Oosterhouse since it is 2011 and not 1988. I'm not even sure people know who Bob Villa is!
Gettin' handy with it.


I think this is a wrap for now. As always, thank you for your thoughts and prayers...we thank the Lord for these amazing blessings and favors! Loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment