Tuesday, April 19, 2011

We're Having A...


My OB called today and wanted me to come in to get checked out real quick. Apparently, my last test results came in and it shows I'm a little anemic. I left school and told Jim what was going on and we decided that he didn't need to be there with me today. Neither one of us was expecting an ultrasound, but to my surprise, Doc wanted to go ahead and do one. Alrighty! It took all of 5 seconds for the doctor to ask me if I wanted to know what we were having. OMG! Seriously? And Jim wasn't even with me! I told him I'd love to know and I'd tell Jim later. (hahaha!). Doc gives me the news and I am just overjoyed! I called Jim to tell him I ended up having an ultrasound and that I know what we're having. Jim begged me to tell him, but I told him to meet me at home. I could barely keep it in, but I knew I wanted him to know in person. So? What are we having?

Well................(scroll down below)
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
......
The sky is blue, the ocean is blue and Baby de Leon's blanket will be too! We're having a BOY!

We are both shocked...thrilled and thankful! Jim couldn't believe it and neither could I. I mean, last week, Bumpkin wouldn't show his goods at all, and this week Daddy wasn't around and he didn't waste any time showing off. Hilarious!

I will say that those gender charts, the heartbeat theory and the morning sickness theory was wrong for me. Jim and I did do the wedding ring test one night and it did sway back and forth which means boy, so it looks like that was right. Jim really thought we were having a girl and even had me convinced. Of course, we would be thrilled either way and truly just want a healthy baby. It's nice to know if the baby is a boy or a girl because now we can stop saying 'it' and start saying 'he.' Jim decided that this we should celebrate with dinner at Ruth's Chris...I do need my iron anyway. ;) They were sweet to give us our dessert with a big 'congratulations' drizzled in chocolate. Yum!

As always thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. We are very grateful and thank the Lord every day for this miracle! Loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment