
We met with our Perinatologist today and I just so happen to be 14 weeks. Ummm, okay I'm not trying to fool anyone. I scheduled our appointment with our Peri today, at 14 weeks on purpose. (wink wink). I took the day off and it was soooo nice sleeping in! I slept terrible Sunday night (even with my Boppy total body pillow...which, by the way I'm still on the fence on if I like it or not) and was very tired yesterday. Our appointment wasn't until this afternoon, so I was able to pick Jim up from work, grab a quick lunch and then head over to our appointment. While I was filling out the novel of paperwork, Jim noticed that the starting quarterback for the Houston Texans (and his wife) was sitting right across from us. How Jim ever notices these people is beyond me...but hey, I guess I'd notice if SJP was sitting across from us and he would have no clue. Lol. This was the first time with our Peri and I was a little nervous, but once we walked into the room, I got excited. There was a very high tech ultrasound machine in the room, along with a big flat screen. Our Peri came in and we went over a few things and then he measured my cervix, which I'm happy is measuring just fine. We then started the ultrasound for Baby D and it's always so amazing to watch the little bumpkin move around. I could just sit and stare for hours! Our Peri was measuring everything - even the bones...very detailed. Baby D is still measuring one day ahead and everything looks good. His/Her heartbeat is at 161bpm today.
Our Peri then told us he was going to check for the gender and Jim just about flew out of his seat! Jim really thinks we are having a girl and he was even wearing a pink polo today - lol! Well, our doctor tried and tried...we tried everything - moving positions, tipping me practically upside down, and he must've shaken my belly 15 times...and Baby D would not cooperate. This bumpkin will not show us the goods and was very stubborn no matter what we tried! Oh well, you know what they say, patience IS a virtue. We were at the appointment for 2 hours and in the room for about an hour. It was definitely the longest ultrasound I've ever had and I loved every minute of it.
I sure hope I don't jynx myself, but if I can make it through tonight, it means that I haven't thrown up in 7 days! Here's hoping!
Overall, it was a great, memorable day. I know I say this on every post, but I'm going to continue saying it: we're so thankful for the Lord's blessings and favors and each day that passes truly is a milestone. When you've been through what we've been through, you truly become thankful for the little things. Boy or Girl, we just want a healthy baby and am grateful either way!
As always, thank you for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers...Loves!


2 comments:
Wow what good news! We are so very excited for you two. Words are hard to find at this moment except for we love you and cant wait to share the joy with you both!
Congrats Pia and Jim!
Love,
Tracy Lonnie Chloe and Baby X!
Pia, i am so happy for you i feel like crying!! ahahah you just made my day! well my week! Michele and I are so happy for you guys!!! I'll bookmark your blog! Congratulations!
Cristina Michele and Soph
Post a Comment