February: It was a great month and Aunt Coco did our Valentine's Day photoshoot. The pictures came out adorable and I'm always so happy that these moments are captured.
March: We decided to visit Jim's parents in South Carolina during spring break. It was an extremely long drive, but we had a great time there. Jim and I didn't get to Charleston this time around, but we did manage to sneak off by ourselves on a recommendation from his mom to the Inn at Palmetto Bluff. Oh my word, is this my new favorite place or what?! It was gorgeous, simply stunning. I can't wait to get back there!




April: I had the opportunity to go to an IB conference in NYC. Excitement isn't even a grand enough word to describe my feelings about getting back to NYC. I hadn't been back since we moved to Houston, and it was wonderful to reunite with my friends from there. Being back in NYC was like stepping into a time capsule. Not much had changed at all and it was surreal to think that Jim and I actually lived and worked there. I'm so glad I had a chance to go and loved every minute of being back!

April also meant Easter! My mom was in town and my nephew spent the night at our house that long weekend. I caught Caleb reading James his bedtime story...what a sweet moment! I loved seeing this and it brought tears to my eyes. What a precious moment and a wonderful weekend it was!
May: The trip Jim and I had been waiting for - Mexico! We were so excited to get away! We hadn't been on a "real" vacation by ourselves in a long time, so it was definitely something we both couldn't wait for. We stayed at the Ex.cellence Pla.ya Mu.jeres on a recommendation from a friend and it was nothing short of fabulous. We loved everything about this resort and would definitely go back in a heartbeat. It took me about a day to fully relax, but once it really clicked that my In-Laws had everything under control, I threw my hands up in the air and let my hair down. James started swim lessons while we were in Mexico...kudos to my In-Laws for braving that first class with him!


Mother's Day was also in May and I had a fabulous day being spoiled by my two men. They made me breakfast in bed and even brought in a bouquet of peonies, my favorite! We went to church and spent the rest of the day relaxing at home. :)

We had another milestone in May and it was to store James's high chair. I ordered his table and chairs and they finally came in. Here he is, enjoying his meal at his new big boy table and chairs. We think he likes it!


A friend invited us out to their family ranch during Memorial Day weekend and it was so much fun! We did a road rally and drove around in classic cars for a scavenger hunt. James loved the horses and running around the ranch. It's so funny to see him run around like that - he really is a city kid! I loved spending time with LP and wish she lived in Texas. Soon enough, I hope!


June: Ah, and this is where we are now. School is officially over and it's very bittersweet for me. While I'm excited that summer break is here, I am sad knowing that my group of kids will be moving on to 5th grade. I had an incredible year and absolutely adore my class. Never-the-less, summer is here and it's time to enjoy it! James has Mother's Day Out twice a week and we are continuing with swim lessons. James and I will also be heading to my Mom's in Florida with my nephew at the end of the month and we are already excited because...we are going to Disney World! Jim decided to stay at home after some thought and discussion whether James will even remember Disney World. We don't really think he will, so we will definitely go back as a family again in a couple of years. Another exciting thing going on in our household right now is that we're potty training! It's scary and I'm a nervous wreck. Today is our first day and so far it's been going fine. James has had 5 accidents and 2 successful trips to the potty to pee. There's so much of me that just wasn't ready for him to be out of diapers, but he was showing all the signs and I couldn't ignore them any longer. For a while now, he's been pointing at his diaper, crying, and saying poopoo! Poopoo! He's been staying dry through naptime, but what really did it was when he started undressing himself and taking his diaper off at night. We would discover him half naked in the mornings! While it was funny, I also knew in the back of my head that he may be ready to try potty training. After some discussions with many people, including a student's mom of mine who is a pediatrician, we decided to try it when school got out. So, here we are. James has made it through his nap, once again, dry, but tonight will be the first night without a diaper. Yikes! A big part of me really wants to stop and put him back in diapers, but I'm pretty sure it's just for my convenience and not for James. I guess we will give it a try for three days and go from there. It's so hard to believe my little punkin' noodle is growing up. It makes me sad and happy all at the same time.




As for the rest of the summer, we're headed to Florida again, but this time in July for our annual family vacation spot in Sea.side. I can't wait, but then again I can, because I know that when we get back, school will be around the corner and that summer break will be wrapping up. That won't be for a while, so for now we're going to enjoy each day...even if it means lots of clean ups! :)
Xoxo,
PJD


No comments:
Post a Comment