Saturday, January 5, 2013

Twenty-Thirteen

Happy New Year! It's so hard to believe that we are in a brand new year...and already.  Time is flying by and towards the end of 2012, I really started to realize how fast it was going.

I've done a lot of reflecting recently, which started with the tragedy in CT.  As a parent and as a teacher, my emotions were all over the place.  I don't want to go into a long post on my feelings about it, but let's just say that I am forever changed in my classroom and my heart goes out to the families of those in heartache.  

The new year was approaching fast and I started to think about my resolutions.  I really felt like the Lord was telling me which resolution would be the right one to fulfill and although I tried to ignore it, it kept popping back in my head.  I knew in my heart of hearts that my resolution this year is to forgive and let go of grudges.  Those who know me know that this is truly a challenge for me.  I can hold a grudge tighter than anyone, no joke.  And as much as I hate to admit that this is (and would be) a great thing to do, I went into it kicking and screaming like a 3 year old.  I was telling Jim about my resolution and I knew he'd be the happiest of all in hearing it, and as I was telling him I was on Tw.itter and came across this twe.et:

Don’t go into the new year holding a grudge from last year. Leave the hurts and disappointments behind.

Coincidence? I think not.  I also came across this awesome list which I love.  I'd like to print it up and check them off one by one throughout the year:


*******

And just for fun, here's a New Year's Questionnaire.  Feel free to copy and fill it out for yourself.  I'd love to hear your answers! (Court, I know you'll do this!)

1. What are you most thankful for? I'm most thankful for the Lord's blessings.  There's not a day that goes by where I don't stop and reflect on them and give thanks.  Many times this is done during my morning and evening prayers, but a lot of times it's during my quiet times in the car.  I don't really listen to the radio and usually do a lot of reflecting in the car.  

2. What were the highlights of 2012 for you? James turning 1 was a huge highlight for me.  It was very emotional, memorable, and joyful.  Another highlight was starting at my new school.  I simply love it there! Celebrating our 5 year anniversary was another wonderful highlight this year.  Five years, wow! It seems like just yesterday we had just gotten engaged.  We still play pranks on each other and crack up like a bunch of kids...I love it and Jim! I also loved going to the Col.dplay concert with the Hubs and our summer family vacation to Sea.side....and basically starting our family traditions. 

3. What are you hoping for in 2013? I'm hoping for the Lord's continued blessings! 

4. What were some of your favorites of 2012? (Clothes, movies, songs, TV shows, etc.).  Well, Gos.sip Gi.rl ended and that's a bummer because I'm obsessed with that show.  However, I do love Nas.hville and I can't wait for the Ca.rrie Di.aries to start.  Rarely do I ever get to watch a show when it's actually on, so my DVR list is pretty long, but I still watch my favorites when I can (How I M.et Yo.ur Mot.her, Two Br.oke Gir.ls, and some reality garbage that I get sucked into).  As far as clothes, there's just too many to name because I don't discriminate when it comes to clothing.  If I love it, then I love it; regardless what the label says.  

5. Who was God to you in 2012? (and if He was nothing to you - please be honest.) He was everything to me - my counselor, my rock, my joy.  There were times that I found myself angry, shaken, fearful, anxious.  Certain events can lead to these emotions and they really make you stop to embrace the little things, especially since it seems like the daily routines of life can be so rushed.  I'm thankful for "it" all.  And by "it," I mean, "everything."  

*******
   
Anyway, I know that I haven't posted about Christmas yet, but it's because I haven't uploaded the pics from my camera.  I'll do that another night and also when I can post the pics.  We had a great Christmas though and James had a blast with his Grandparents (and us of course)! I got sick the day after Christmas with strep throat and it was absolutely miserable.  I am back to taking vitamins on a daily basis and trying to not eat so much crap.  Winter break is almost over and booooo I can't believe it's back to reality on Monday.  Spring semester is not my favorite at all.  It's always super long and all the standardized testing wears me out.  And think - if it wears me out, imagine how my kiddos feel.  Just thinking about how long this semester is already exhausts me...which is why Jim and I booked a vacation to Meheeco after testing is done! I'm so excited!! It's nice to look forward to this with the Hubby: 


I'm so over this cold weather already and cannot wait for the temps to rise just a tad.  It's been cold, gloomy, and rainy here for a couple of weeks straight now.  I don't even really mind the cold weather, but where is the sun?! And as much as I love leggings and boots, I'm ready to move forward in the wardrobe department.  I am ready to wear these (from the jay dot crizzle of course): 







and especially this (which I purchased immediately upon spotting it on the mannequin): 



I'm gonna wrap up this post because the Hubs is waiting on me to watch a movie, but I couldn't end it without  a little Punkin Noodle news.  James is doing great and cracks us up on a daily basis! He started gymnastics at school and he loves it.  His teachers said that it was such a great idea that we chose to sign him up for it.  He literally runs out the door on gymnastics day.  I talked to his two coaches and they said he loves the back flip and the high bar.  So funny! We had a conference with his three teachers before the break to discuss his progress and we couldn't be more proud of him.  He's the youngest in his class and was the last one to start walking, but now you'd never know it.  I love love love James' teachers and his school so much.  I have a little dilemma about this summer because they don't offer a 2 day program, but I'm going to talk to the head of school and see if she has any suggestions.  I don't want him there all week during the summer because I'll be home, but I also know how much he loves school and how much he thrives being there. James is into everything at home (yikes!) and we are going to have to start locking cabinets.  He is so stinking adorable even when he's being mischievous! It is the cutest thing ever to watch him follow directions - put your dirty clothes in your hamper; put your cup away (in the fridge); clean up; pick out a book to read; throw this away please...and I could go on and on.  I cherish all these moments with him and as much as I love watching him become more independent and become a big boy, I miss those baby days.  :(  Sigh...he'll always be my baby regardless! Now you know I couldn't end this post without a pic of James, so before I sign off, here's a picture of the happy little man swinging at the park! :) 


Loves! 


No comments:

Post a Comment