Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Disconnected

We're in the middle of spring break (woo hoo!) and the Lenten season and in case you don't know what the latter is about, let me explain it in my own words. Basically, Lent is sacrificing something (or things) in honor of the sacrifice that Jesus gave us (His life). It's a time to be humble and a time to forgive and just all around a time to take a step back and get back to the basics. Now, don't get me wrong...what we consider "basic" these days is not even close to what would be basic in years past. I thought about what I wanted to give up for Lent and I decided that this year, I'm not only going to just give up Fac.ebook, but I will also be giving up social media altogether. No Fac.ebook. No Tw.itter. No Ins.tagram. And...gasp!...No Pi.nterest. While it's been great to be disconnected for a little while, I do at times, feel like I'm missing something. But, oh well...I guess if any news is that important, I would've known by now. Since I've been logged off, I've actually been able to start and finish a book. I wish I could say it was The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, but it wasn't. That is still sitting patiently in my Ki.ndle. I ended up reading Som.ething Bor.rowed and watched the movie as well. I'm on the follow up book Som.ething Bl.ue and so far, so good. Anywho, while there is a huge part of me itching to get back on Pi.nterest, I'm going to take this extra time to just 'be.'

In other news, I tried the Ker.atin Exp.ress Bl.owout yesterday and today is the first day of seeing if it really worked. The verdict? It does! I think it's changed my life! And by life, I mean time! My hair felt like crap all day yesterday and it sucked not being able to pull it up or even tuck it behind my ears. I could hardly wait to take a shower this morning. All this was forgotten, however, once I started blow drying my hair. Seriously?! It dried straight and looked healthy...as if I had used my flat iron! Some people may not know what it's like to lose that extra step in your routine, but I'm very excited about it. This cuts my time getting ready by almost half! And do you know what that means? It means that I can cuddle with Jim and James just a little bit longer. :)

Spring break is fabulous and I'm loving every minute of it! I seriously cannot wait for this school year to be over with. Spring semester totally kicks my arse and it always seems so freaking long. James and I have been getting a lot of Mommy/Punkin' Noodle time in since break started and it's been fantabulous. I love love love bringing him into bed at 6am and getting one last hour of sleep together. Sigh.

Alright, well I'm signing off for now. Hope y'all are having a fabulous week!

Loves!



No comments:

Post a Comment