I'm going to totally say something very cliche: where has the time gone?! I have completely fallen behind on blogging and updating little noodle's baby book since I've gone back to work. However, I'm back in the saddle and am really going to try my hardest to keep up with these things. I'm a little bit behind posting, so please bare with me.
First things first, James is:
Actual age: 6 months (as of January 28th)
Adjusted age: 15 weeks (almost 4 months)
Weight: 12 pounds, 3 oz.
Notables: we started solids! We started with sweet potatoes first and James did great. I'm hoping he's not a picky eater like his Daddy. So far, we've had sweet potatoes, peas, squash and today we tried bananas. He obviously LOVES the bananas. Of the veggies we've had thus far, he seems to like squash the best. James has started rolling over from back to front and now prefers to sleep on his side (so cute). He is trying very hard to sit up on his own and sometimes he does this forward launch and every time he does it, I gasp. He's also teething and started waking up once in the middle of the night. Really? Just when you think they're on that 'perfect' schedule...a twist comes into the picture. Haha...knock on wood! James loves to play and put everything he can get his hands on his mouth...especially his toes! So freaking adorable! I love it!
In other news...
Jim and I were able to go to the Texans first ever playoff game. It was an absolute blast! Popop came to babysit and it was nice to get out and have some adult fun. We've also had a couple of date nights here and there and I think it's hilarious how early they begin. Oh how times change!
Work is going great. I'm the Bee coordinator at my school and I've been coaching our winner, who was one of my former students from last year. Well, he ended up winning the District Bee and we are off the City-Wide contest. How exciting! We've been working hard on writing and three of my students wrote about me...so sweet! One of my students wrote about me when a local newspaper came to visit us and his little story got published in a local newspaper. Totally melts my heart! I will say though that I'm glad work is going great because it is hard to leave my noodle! I can hardly wait for spring break and summer vacation. I think I've flip-flopped back and forth on whether or not to be a stay at home mom, but then when I do, something wonderful happens at school. I think it must be a sign that I'm doing just what I'm supposed to do. :)
James was loving school and we love his teachers...however, he got sick this past week and had a fever for the whole week. It's hard to say if he got it from school. His nose was runny last Sunday and he got shots a couple of days before that. He's doing much better now and asides from the slightly runny nose, he's as happy as can be. You may have noticed that I used the word "was" in that first sentence. Well, we decided to have my Dad watch James. He has offered to watch him all along, but after James getting sick this past week, I just felt it was the way to go. I know all kids will get sick and they need to develop their immune system, but I also don't want to keep throwing James in that on purpose either, especially if we have other options. So, for now, Popop will be watching James. We interviewed a live in nanny today and we'll find out in a few days when she can start. Will post more on that later.
Granmom and Granpop will be coming to visit next week and then Gigi will be coming during spring break. We can't wait! Okay, so that's about all for now...here's some pics to hold you over until next time. :)
Well hello there!
Sweet potatoes for our first solid food!
I love my mobile...thanks Tita T!
I found my toe-toes!
I'm turning over right in front of Mommy...good thing she has her camera nearby!
Here I go!
...and I'm over!
This is pretty comfortable I must say...
Loves!




No comments:
Post a Comment