Oh! You want me to sit still long enough so you can take a picture of me wearing this onesie? Eh, not so much.
It has been a busy second month, that's for sure! Punkin' Noodle has managed to come home, get acquainted with Sasha and even attend his very first party...my baby shower. It has been a whirlwind and I'm not gonna lie, exhausting at times. It's amazing how you can adapt though and how much you can really accomplish on such little sleep. I wouldn't trade it for the world!
So what have we been up to this month? Well, for starters, we had our first pediatrician appointment shortly after discharge from the hospital. It was great and we love our pedi! I did have to step out of the room when Punkin' got his shots. We also went back to see Dr. Fabulous, who gave me clearance to resume normal activities...woo hoo!
Dr. Fabulous and Punkin Noodle!
Dr. Fabulous...definitely fabulous for putting up with me, haha!
One of the best parts of this month was Punkin Noodle meeting all the people who love him!
Friends and neighbors came over to visit and of course meeting all the wonderful people at my baby shower.
Aunt Tracy, Aunt April and Tita Theresa came over to hang out! James sure is quite the ladies man!
The baby shower was amazing and I definitely felt the love. It truly warms my heart to see people I love who couldn't wait to love on baby James. My mom and Jim's mom did more than I could have ever asked for and it was perfect. I'll remember this day for many many years to come.
Yes, that is a maternity dress I have on. I bought it back in June and I was determined to wear it. :)
The pretty flowers my cousin arranged for my shower.
Placecards for my shower...personalized giraffes. Love!
Favors, gifts and most importantly, Sprinkles Cupcakes! Deelish!
Me and Coco :)
The Menu
These girls make my heart smile!
Personalized favor bags which had a giraffe notebook with a pen inside. Who, me? Obsessed with monograms?
With the most gracious of all hostesses - my mom and Jim's mom. Also known as GiGi and Grammy.
We also had our first family photoshoot! Aunt Coco did an amazing job (as usual) and I will cherish the pictures forever! I finished Punkin's birth announcements last night and will be sending those out soon. Next on my list? Writing thank you cards and sending out birth announcements! Apparently I don't need to sleep at all.
King James!
Our special delivery!
In other news, the developmental therapist came to our house to evaluate the little guy and he's doing great! We were reminded about adjusting his age (for development). This means that since I haven't reached my due date yet, he's considered to be 'just born.' His chronological age is his actual age (9 weeks). The developmental therapist went over all of this with us, however Punkin's actually meeting milestones for his chronological age. She was very impressed and very happy for Punkin! And of course, we are already very proud of him! She released us, but is a phone call away if we had any questions. Knock on wood.
As far as being new at this whole Mommy thing, well besides that I absolutely love it...I'm learning a lot that's for sure (and did I mention how tired I am?)! I finally tried my Moby wrap and it's great! The only con is that it's so darn long and kind of annoying when I want to hurry up and tie it on. Hopefully with practice I'll get faster at putting it together.
I've also learned that time is truly a luxury when you become a parent. I thought I was busy before? Yeah right! Not even close! I've taken more pictures then I can keep up with and now I understand how those scrapbooking projects fall off to the wayside. I am itching to watch all the shows waiting patiently in my DVR, yet each day that passes is another episode of Gossip Girl unseen. Everyone tells me to sleep when James sleeps, but I have yet to do that. I always find something to do (and obviously that doesn't include watching Gossip Girl episodes on my DVR, per previous sentence) and since he's on a 3 hour schedule (sometimes 4), I know that I have a certain window to get things done. I know that I can't run on this type of energy forever and so for now, go ahead and pass me another cup of coffee. Oh and speaking of coffee...yeah, apparently I'm a fan. Keurig maker? Don't mind if I do! All in all, being a mom is more than what I had hoped for. Cuddling with Punkin Noodle takes me away more than calgon can. :)
Here's some pics for your viewing pleasure:
Tummy tum time! Sometimes he likes it and other times he really brings on the drama.
Tired and unshaven Daddy cant get enough of his little man!
Napping in the Bugaboo while Mommy & Daddy enjoy lunch outside at The Counter.
His smile makes me melt!
In deep thought...I wonder when this Mom lady is gonna get the camera out of my face.
As always, thanks for the love. We are very grateful for this little booger!




1 comment:
Happy 2 month birthday to baby James! He is just so adorable. Those baby smiles are the best.
Post a Comment