After 51 days in the hospital, sweet baby James was discharged on Saturday and we are now at home! Last night was our first night at home and although exhausting, we wouldn't have it any other way. I am completely humbled by this journey and even more so grateful for the outcome. We put our trust in the Lord and cannot thank Him enough for guiding our hearts and minds throughout all of this.
I have sat down many times to write about our experience in the NICU and each time, I have deleted the post. I did keep a private journal during the time James was in the NICU and I think I'll leave it at that. Looking at this amazing miracle next to me, I know that it's time to move forward. We had a fairly uneventful stay in the NICU (knock on wood) and after two weeks, they transferred James out of there and labeled him as a 'grower/feeder' (meaning he just had to feed and grow before he could come home). I am forever grateful for this miracle and at the same time, I want to remain humble to those families who have a different situation in the NICU than what we had.
I want to thank the amazing doctors and nurses at Children's Memorial Hermann Hospital at the Medical Center for their excellent care. We formed such a bond with several of James's primary nurses and truly love them for taking such great care of our punkin noodle. We are forever grateful.
Loves!


No comments:
Post a Comment