(please excuse the look...i just got out of bed)
So all those times I had people trying to encourage me to walk during the first trimester really wasn't just nonsense advice after all. I just could not even fathom getting myself up mentally and physically to get my own glass of water, let alone exercise. Exhausted doesn't even begin to explain how I felt and the nausea/vomiting alone wore me out. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining one bit. I embrace every moment with the bumpkin! I guess I just have to say...well, that I should've listened...because I am completely out of shape now! Since I've been feeling much better the last few weeks, I decided to go to prenatal yoga.
Now, let me remind you - I've been doing yoga for a long time. I started off as a beginner (really taking it up on a regular basis when we lived in NYC) and a few years later, can pretty much keep up with my yogini in the advanced class. It also helps having amazing yogini's to encourage you, especially this one (who is my absolute favorite)!
Anyway, I was pretty excited when I got to class. I knew ahead of time that it wasn't going to be as rigorous as what I'm "used" to and would probably even be a little less rigorous than beginning yoga, but was excited none the less. Well, talk about naive! Even though the class is as beginning as it gets and some of the poses are modified, I had to actually stop in the middle of class to catch my breath! I drank some water and as I laid in a modified child's pose, all I could think of was, "I am completely out of shape!" Isn't it something how easy it is to fall out of shape and so hard to get back into it? I had class again today and I did much better, so I'm determined to keep up some level of exercise, for me and bumpkin.
As if I couldn't find more reasons to look forward to school being over with, I'm adding yoga, walking on the treadmill, and doing a light eliptical workout at the gym to the list. Oh and of course, resting and nesting!
Loves!


No comments:
Post a Comment