Wednesday, February 9, 2011

5 Weeks

Jim was in Detroit today for work and I had an appointment to get bloodwork done at my doctor's office. Well, before they drew my blood, they asked if I wanted to do an early ultrasound and in my shock, I managed to get out a 'yes?' They put me in the ultrasound room and I called Jim with a quickness. I had already talked to him earlier on my way to the doctor, so I knew he was up. I told him that the doctor was going to go ahead and do an early ultrasound and he sounded very excited. I, on the other hand, was a hot mess. I tried not to think about the past, but it seemed to creep up on me and to make matters worse, Jim wasn't there to be with me. He was able to calm me down and reminded me that it's all in God's hands. That being said, we hung up and I nervously waited. The ultrasound started and I couldn't even look at the monitor right away, but the nurse quickly moved the monitor in my direction and sure enough, there was a sac. Wow. This is the beginning of our baby. Thank you, Lord...thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Loves!


No comments:

Post a Comment